MAKES: Four 10-inch (25cm) pizzas
- Pizza dough cut into 4 balls
- Fine semolina flour for dusting
- 2 cups (475mL) pizza sauce
- 1 lb (0.45kg) fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 16 fresh basil leaves
- Olive oil to taste
1. Place a pizza stone under a broiler and heat for 30 minutes.
2. Working in four batches, dust 1 ball dough with semolina. Using your fingertips, press dough into a 10-inch (25cm) circle about ¼-inch (~0.65cm) thick. Transfer to a semolina dusted pizza paddle.
3. Spread ½ cup sauce over dough and top with ¼ of the cheese and basil leaves, then drizzle with oil.
4. Slide pizza onto dough in oven and broil until cheese melts and crust is puffed and charred in spots, 3-4 minutes. Serve hot.