MAKES: Four ¾-lb (0.35kg) balls
- 2 tbsp (34g) sugar
- 1 tbsp (30mL) olive oil, plus more for brushing & greasing
- ½ tsp (2g) active dry yeast
- 2 cups (475mL) cold water
- 5 ½ cups (660g) farina 00 or all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (34g) kosher salt
1. Combine sugar, oil, yeast, and water in bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook; let sit until foamy, 8-10 minutes.
2. Mix flour and salt in a bowl. With motor running, slowly add flour mixture to the stand mixer bowl and mix until a smooth dough forms, 8-10 minutes.
3. Transfer dough to a greased baking sheet and cover with plastic wrap. Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
4. Divide dough into 4 equal balls. Transfer to a greased 9”x13” dish and brush tops with oil. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 48 hours before using.