- 4 russet potatoes (about 2 ½ lbs / 1.1 kg)
- 1 cup (100g) grated aged cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (100g) grated gruyère cheese
- ½ cup (119mL) sour cream
- 4 tbsp (60g) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tbsp (10g) finely chopped fresh chives
- 1 tbsp (5g) finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ¼ tsp (1mL) Tabasco sauce
- ¼ tsp (1mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and cut into ¼-inch (~0.6cm) strips
- ¼ tsp (1g) paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Heat oven to 450F (230C).
2. Put potatoes on a baking sheet and bake, turning occasionally, until tender, about one hour. Transfer to a rack and let cool slightly.
3. Halve potatoes lengthwise and scoop out insides with a spoon into a medium bowl, leaving ¼” of the outer layer of flesh and skin behind. Transfer empty potato halves to a baking sheet.
4. Combine scooped potato insides, ½ cup each of cheddar and gruyère, and sour cream, butter, chives, parsley, Tabasco, Worcestershire, and bacon and season with salt and pepper.
5. Spoon mixture into potato halves and sprinkle with remaining cheese and paprika.
6. Bake until cheese is browned and bubbly, about ten minutes.