Southwestern Chicken Wraps
- ¼ cup (60mL) mayonnaise
- ¼ cup (60mL) sour cream
- 1-2 chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- Juice from half a lime
- 2 tbsp (30mL) olive oil
- ¾ lb (340g) thinly sliced or shredded cooked chicken
- 1 tsp (5g) cumin
- 2 tsp (10g) garlic powder
- Salt, to taste
- 1 cup (165g) corn kernels
- 1 cup (170g) black beans
- ¼ cup (10g) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 1 cup (140g) roasted red peppers, chopped
- Eight 10-inch (25cm) flour tortillas
- 8 leaves romaine lettuce, rinsed and dried
- ½ small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- ¾ cup (85g) Monterey Jack cheese
1. Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, chiles with a little bit of the sauce (depending on how you like the heat), and lime juice in a food processor or blender. Pulse until smooth and set aside. (This can be made up to one day in advance and refrigerated before use.)
2. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the chicken, cumin, garlic powder, and salt, then stir to coat the chicken in spices. Cook for one to two minutes, until the chicken is warm.
3. Add the corn, black beans, cilantro, jalapeno, and red peppers. Stir and cook for one minute more until everything is warmed through.
4. Arrange one leaf of lettuce on each tortilla and spread dressing on top. Layer red onion, chicken mixture, and cheese on each tortilla.
5. Fold sides over filling and roll tightly but gently. Cut in half before serving and enjoy!