Smashed Potatoes & Cilantro Sauce
- 2 lbs (0.9kg) fingerling potatoes
- 7 tbsp (103.5mL) olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 cup (20g) packed fresh cilantro leaves with tender stems
- 3 tbsp (45mL) red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic
- Shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano (Parmesan) cheese
- Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
1. In a pot of boiling water, cook potatoes until tender (about 12 to 15 minutes, tender being a fork pierces them easily) then transfer to baking sheet lined with foil.
2. Brush the bottom of a drinking glass with oil and use to smash potatoes to ¼ inch (~0.5-0.6 cm) thick, add cheese & season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Bake at 450F (230C) until cheese has melted and potatoes are crispy, about 15 minutes.
4. In a food processor, pulse 7 tbsp (103.5mL) of olive oil and remaining ingredients until coarse sauce forms; season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon over potatoes and serve.
DATE I FIRST TRIED IT: 04 July 2019
PERSONAL RATING: 5 out of 5 stars!