Roasted Root Vegetables
- 2 parsnips
- 2 carrots
- Half a rutabaga
- 3 small potatoes
- Half a yam
- ¼ to ⅓ cup (60-80mL) olive oil, as needed
- Seasoning of your choice (salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, cumin, garlic powder, etc.)
1. Heat the oven to 395F (200C).
2. Chop up the vegetables into small even chunks, removing any unwanted peels and ends.
3. Combine the olive oil and seasoning in a large bowl, and add all the vegetables. Toss to fully coat them, ensuring an even distribution of oil and seasoning.
4. Transfer the vegetables to a baking dish and cook for 35 minutes, or more if needed. The larger the chunks, the more time needed.
5. Serve and enjoy!