Pumpkin Pie French Toast
- 1 egg
- 1 oz (30mL) milk
- ½ tsp (2.5g) nutmeg
- ½ tsp (2.5g) cloves
- 1 tsp (5g) cinnamon, plus more for serving
- ½ tsp (2.5mL) vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (55g) pumpkin puree
- 4 slices of challah or brioche bread
- 2 tbsp (30g) unsalted butter
- 2 small bananas, sliced (optional)
- Caramel sauce, for serving
- Whipped topping, for serving
1. Whisk together egg, milk, spices, vanilla, and pumpkin puree.
2. Dip each slice of bread in the mixture, letting each side soak for 30 seconds.
3. In a large nonstick skillet, melt one tablespoon (15g) of butter. Cook 2 slices of bread at a time until golden, roughly 3 to 4 minutes per side. Repeat to cook the other two slices.
4. Serve two slices of french toast with slices of banana (if you like), caramel sauce, and whipped topping. Sprinkle cinnamon on top. Enjoy!