- 2 cups (475mL) chicken stock
- 2 ripe tomatoes, cored and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- ½ small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup (185g) long-grain white rice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Place stock, tomatoes, 1 clove garlic, and onion in a blender and puree until smooth; set aside.
2. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add remaining garlic and rice, and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about six minutes.
3. Stir in tomato mixture, season with salt and pepper, and reduce heat to low. Cook, covered, until rice is tender and has absorbed all liquid, 25-30 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and let sit, covered, for ten minutes. Gently fluff with a fork before serving.