Marble Fudge Brownies
MAKES: 12 brownies
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 4oz (115g) semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (60g) all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- One 8oz (226g) block cream cheese
- ½ tsp (2.5mL) vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350F (175C). Grease and flour a square pan.
2. Melt butter and chocolate over low heat or in a microwave oven. Stir to combine and set aside to cool.
3. Combine two eggs and ¾ cup (150g) sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until well combined. Add cooled chocolate mixture and mix for one minute. Add flour and salt, then beat at low speed until just blended.
4. In another bowl, combine cream cheese, remaining sugar (50g), final egg, and vanilla. Beat with an electric mixer, until light and fluffy.
5. Spread chocolate batter into the prepared pan. Top with cream cheese batter and swirl layers together with a fork.
6. Bake for 35 minutes, or until done. Cool the brownies before cutting into 12 pieces.