MAKES: 1 loaf
- ½ cup (60mL) vegetable oil, plus more for greasing
- 1 ½ cup (180g) flour, plus more for dusting
- ¾ tsp (3.75g) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5g) cinnamon
- ½ tsp (2.5g) freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ tsp (2.5g) kosher salt
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- 2 whole eggs plus 1 yolk
- ½ cup (200g) mango puree
- ½ tsp (2.5mL) vanilla extract
- 1 large very ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and cut into ¼-inch (0.6cm) cubes (about 2 cups)
- ½ cup (50g) shredded unsweetened coconut
1. Heat oven to 350F (175C).
2. Grease a loaf pan with oil and dust with flour; set aside.
3. Whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a bowl, then make a well in the center. Whisk together oil, sugar, eggs and yolk, mango puree, and vanilla in a bowl; add to well and stir.
4. Fold in diced mango and coconut, then pour into prepared pan.
5. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the bread comes out clean, about one hour and 20 minutes.