Green Beans Almondine
- 2 lb (910g) green beans, trimmed
- 2 tbsp (30g) butter
- 1 cup (110g) slivered almonds
- 3 shallots, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cook green beans in a large pot of boiling salted water for 3-8 minutes, depending on tenderness desired. Drain and transfer to a large bowl of ice water to cool. Drain again, pat dry, and set aside.
2. Melt butter in a medium pot over medium heat.
3. Add almonds and cook, stirring frequently with a wooden spoon, until golden, 2-3 minutes.
4. Add shallots and cook, stirring often, until translucent, about one minute.
5. Add green beans, tossing to coat, and cook until heated through, about five minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve warm.