Fruit Cocktail Cookies
- 1 ½ cup (300g) sugar
- 1 cup (190g) shortening
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cup (180g) flour
- 1 tsp (5g) salt
- 1 tsp (5g) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5g) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5g) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5g) nutmeg
- 1 cup (240g) drained canned fruit cocktail
- 4 tbsp (60mL) juice from canned fruit cocktail
- Chopped nuts (optional)
1. Cream the sugar and shortening together in a large bowl. Add eggs and blend.
2. Mix in flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3. Add the nuts (if using), fruit, and juice.
4. Bake at 375F for about 15 minutes. Let cool.