- Unsweetened cranberry juice
- 1 cup (236mL) water
- 1 cup (200g) sugar
- Tonic water or club soda
- Ice cubes
- Fresh cranberries (optional)
1. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water together. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until all the sugar has dissolved.
2. Turn down the heat to medium-low and add 6 to 10 fresh or frozen cranberries. Optional because the cranberry juice will provide enough flavor, however the cranberries may add a fresher taste to it. Once the cranberries have softened, squish them against the side of the saucepan with a spoon to release the flavor (and color) into the sugar-water. Dispose of the squished cranberries.
3. Let the sugar-water cool in the fridge. Place 5 or more ice cubes in a tall glass and some cranberries (again, optional).
4. Pour 3 or 4 tablespoons (45-60mL) of the sugar-water in the glass and then fill it half-full with cranberry juice. Fill the other half with tonic water or club soda (your choice) and stick a straw in, if you like. Enjoy!