Corn & Black Bean Salsa
MAKES: Roughly 2 quarts (~2L)
- 2 cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup sweet kernel corn, rinsed under warm water until thawed
- 1 cup red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 5 whole green onions, chopped
- 2 fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ to a whole bunch fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp olive oil
1. Combine beans, corn, bell pepper, onion, tomatoes, garlic, and cilantro in a bowl.
2. Measure out lemon and lime juice, sugar, salt, and oil in a jar. Cover tightly and shake until sugar is dissolved.
3. Pour dressing over vegetables and stir thoroughly.
4. Marinate in the fridge at least two hours to up to overnight in order to blend flavors.
5. Serve and enjoy! It can be refrigerated for up to two weeks