Georgian Cilantro Sauce
MAKES: 2 cups (475mL)
- 2 tbsp (40g) apricot preserves
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 ½ cup (40g) fresh cilantro
- ½ cup (15g) fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup (15g) fresh dill leaves
- ½ cup (15g) fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- ½ cup (15g) fresh tarragon leaves
- ½ cup (50g) walnuts
- ¼ cup (60mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup (235mL) walnut oil
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Add apricot preserves, garlic, scallions, cilantro, basil, dill, parsley, tarragon, walnuts, and lemon juice to a blender or food processor. Pulse until smooth.
2. While the food processor is running, gradually add walnut oil, processing until sauce is thick.
3. Transfer to a bowl and season with cayenne, salt, and pepper. Set aside for two hours to allow flavors to develop. Sauce will keep in an airtight container in fridge for up to one week.