- ½ cup (90g) chopped hazelnuts
- 3oz (85g) bittersweet or semisweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup (118mL) heavy cream
- 3 tbsp (40g) dark brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp (2.5mL) vanilla
- 4 slices bread of your choice, for serving
- 2 ripe nectarines, pitted and sliced, or other fruit of your choice, for serving
1. Preheat oven to 350F (175C).
2. Toast hazelnuts 12 to 15 minutes, until browned. Pulse in a food processor, scraping down the sides of the bowl, 2 to 3 minutes, until nuts turn into a butter. Add chocolate and pulse until chocolate is finely ground.
3. Bring cream, sugar, and salt to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. With the motor running, pour cream mixture through feed tube and process, scraping down the sides of bowl, 4 to 5 minutes, until mixture is smooth. Transfer to a bowl and stir in vanilla. Let cool.
4. If you like, serve on bread with nectarines or fruit of your choice.