- 1 cup (190g) brown rice
- 12 cups (2850mL) water
- Salt, to taste
1. Rinse rice under cold running water for 30 seconds.
2. Bring 12 cups of water to a boil in a large pot with a tight-fitting lid over high heat.
3. Add rice, stir it once, and boil, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
4. Pour rice into a colander in the sink.
5. Let the rice drain for ten seconds, then return it to the pot, off the heat.
6. Cover the rice and set it aside to allow rice to steam for ten minutes.
7. Uncover rice, fluff with a fork, and season with salt.