Barrel-aged feta can be too soft and creamy for the dish, so tinned feta is better.
- ½ lb (0.2kg) firm feta
- 4 tsp (20mL) estra virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- Crushed red chile flakes
- Crusty bread, for serving
1. Heat oven to 400F (205C).
2. Cut feta into four sliced about 3" by 4" and ½" thick. Place each slice on a large piece of aluminum foil, drizzle with 1 tsp (5mL) oil, and sprinkle with chile flakes. Wrap foil around cheese, closing it and folding it over to seal.
3. Place foil packets on a baking sheet and bake until cheese is slightly soft, about 10 minutes. Remove foil and transfer to four plates, and drizzle with a little bit of extra oil. Serve with bread and enjoy!