- One 14oz can (390g) of artichoke hearts
- ½ cup (119mL) sour cream
- ½ cup (119mL) mayonnaise
- ½ cup (64g) grated parmesan cheese
- One 8oz (226g) block cream cheese
- ½ onion (64g), finely chopped
- 1 cup (128g) chopped spinach (optional)
- ¼ cup (32g) chopped green onions (optional)
- 2 teaspoons (10mL) lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon (5g) garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons (10g) dried basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375F (190C). In a medium bowl, mix together the sour cream, mayo, parmesan cheese, cream cheese, spinach, and green onions.
2. Drain the water from the can of artichoke hearts and place them in the bowl. Crush them with a spoon to break them up, and stir thoroughly in the mixture.
3. Add the onion, lemon juice, garlic powder, basil, salt, and pepper and combine.
4. Transfer the dip into a medium baking dish. A 9-inch (23cm) glass pan works best. Top the mixture with a sprinkling of parmesan cheese, and then bake it in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the top is a light golden brown and is bubbling.
5. Serve with crackers, vegetables, naan, or toasted bread, hot or cold.
DATE I FIRST TRIED MAKING IT ON MY OWN: 02 July 2019
PERSONAL RATING: 5 out of 5 stars!